As we grow our business, we work tirelessly at making sure we have the right people with the same ethos to make sure we deliver the same level of detail and quality in the years ahead. We are always open to welcoming new talent to our team!
If you are looking to join a dynamic and fast growing company who can support you in reaching your career goals then please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
“I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”
Full Time Electrical Quantity Surveyor (QS)
Job Types: Full Time
We are currently seeking a Full Time Electrical QS to join South East Engineering Installations Ltd (SEE) a well-established and fast-growing Electrical Contractor. The advertised role of Electrical Quantity Surveyor is paramount to South East Engineering Installations Ltd growth and success.
Overall Job Purpose and Duties
- Take off quantities
- Assist procurement in obtaining specialist quotes
- Labour and Sub-contract valuations
- Sub-contract package management
- Variations and abortive works cost management and reporting of these.
- Assist in completing tender documents for submission
- Maintain contract documentation and advise on pre-tender and post contract matters
- Preparation and issue of contractual letters to clients and / or sub-contractors
Candidate should possess the following to be considered for the role;
- 3+ years’ experience within a similar role
- Proven reputable work history
- IT literate
- Good attention to detail.
- Must hold a full UK drivers’ licence
- Good understanding of Contractual Laws
The following experience is desirable but not essential;
- Auto CAD
- Dialux / Relux
Salary dependent on experience and knowledge. The position is Part Time or Full Time and we are able to be flexible for the right applicant. Flexible terms with excellent rates of pay
SEE operates from an office in Northfleet Kent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
South East Engineering Installations Ltd are seeking an experienced Electrical Estimator, experienced within project values of £3M. This would be heading a new department which eventually would organically grow into a team.
- Prepare and submit proposals
- Ensure that all tenders are of high quality, comprehensive and error free
- Evaluate tender enquiry documentation, assess the resource, materials, engineering costs within a client's proposal
- Finalise and submit documentation to the person of appropriate sign off level for approval in line with company processes
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the client's aspirations as per the tender enquiry
- Carry out detailed site visits when necessary or arrange pre quote site surveys with Delivery Managers
- Be held commercially responsible for allocated tenders
- Work closely with Design, Delivery and Projects teams to ensure completeness of tenders
- Act as an externally facing representative for the business and up-hold its values and reputation
- Prepare material take offs, obtain material quotations and arrange material packs.
- Provide input to post tender negotiations and tender contract handover.
- Knowledge of Estimating processes.
- Positive attitude towards customer service.
- Awareness of competitors and the marketplace
- Knowledge of Estimating techniques and principles.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- Ability to assess and size cables
- Strong knowledge with electrical equipment/systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Proactive and motivated approach.
- Capable of working to strict deadlines
- Good commercial knowledge and ability to work quickly mathematically
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft applications.
- Strong proven background in an Estimators role
- Strong proven background working within M&E or similar
- Utilities experience within the electric sector or 18th Edition electrical works.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Excel, Word and Power-point.
- A-C level grades in English and Maths GCSE
What we can offer:
The role will offer the successful individual a competitive salary with excellent package, and career prospects with performance related progression and rewards.
You will launch this new department and will given all the tools and resources you will need to carry out the job. As we are expanding quickly this role will be key to our growth and we would look to grow your skills and position in line with the company.
You would be based in our Northfleet, Kent office, located close to Ebbsfleet International station.